Search for “Employee Termination” in the Search Bar
Click on “Employee” to access a list of current employees
Click on the name of the employee to be offboarded.
- Select “Terminated” from “Termination Status Code” drop-down menu.
- Select the separation reason from the “Reason Code” drop-down menu.
- Enter the Last Day Worked in the “Termination Date” field.
- Select “Yes” or “No” from the “Okay to Rehire” drop-down menu.
- Provide an explanation of the final incident in the “Termination Explanation” box.
- Answer “Yes” to the first COBRA question. This question will not appear if COBRA is not available to the termed employee.
- In the COBRA Qualifying Event drop-down menu, select “Termination.” The event date in the next field will automatically populate. Note, these fields will remain blank if COBRA is not available to the termed employee.
- Click on Save.
IMPORTANT: If there is any supporting documentation for the termination, such as a resignation letter, written warnings, or witness statements, please follow the instructions at this link (https://education.rminc.com/supervisor-topics/employee-documents/) to upload a copy of the documentation.